Sunday, September 27, 2009

fu•ture: (n) a figment of your imagination.

Perhaps it's the wise words of Mr. Jeffries or maybe I don't even want to know what it holds anymore, but what I do know is that "the future" is not the present and not where I currently am in my life. Life is a gift and I need to take advantage of every opportunity I can to enjoy it because it is too short to worry about what someone cannot control. I know what I want from my future but the thought of it is no longer going to fill my mind in all my waking hours. Since I know what I want I need to take every little opportunity to get me there in making me better at my craft. The future is an unreachable destination. A place no one will ever be. Anytime someone thinks they have reached the future they have simply been given the gift of life. Why should I worry about something that I do not believe in, when there is so much ease to believe in?

What do I believe in?

Well, I believe in the flawed protagonist, the handheld camera, the unknown actor, the logline, the ironic title, the monologue, and the spec script. I believe in lost lyrics from the soul that disappeared too early can make a film go. I believe in the James Dean yell, the Kubrick Stare, the walk into the sunset, and the fade out. I believe in the smile that brightens the day and hugs that fit so perfectly two people become one. I believe in walking around on Saturday night looking for the right party and the perfect girl and not finding either. I believe in making God laugh by making a plan and people that say "that's really funny" are lying because if it was funny they would've just laughed. I believe in believing in dreams, breaking down walls, asking "why not?" and reading the horoscope a day late to make it fit my life. I believe if you kill as single butterfly it would sent thunderous ramifications into the future and I believe everyone has a purpose in life but most give up before it finds them.

No comments: