Thursday, April 29, 2010

...that is the question


To audition or not to audition?

That was the question going through my mind yesterday. The One Act Festival is coming up again at the end of this quarter and auditions were held yesterday.

I went. Big shocker I know.

The reason why I was not sure if I wanted to audition however was because I do already have the Student Stage play and I still have classes and other stuff to take care of...

(A beat)

Gosh, that just sounded so lame. I really had no reason not to audition yesterday and I am so glad I did.

The main reason I wanted to audition was because so far I have never had a really great audition. I have gotten some roles, but I know that my auditions have not been my... strongest attribute.

I wanted to change that yesterday, and I think I did.

I was standing in front of the audition room looking over the nine monologues to choose from and my eyes came across Martin McDonaugh's The Pillowman.

BOOM.

This audition was extremely better than my monologue audition from last year. Last year I felt like I did nothing right, but this year I did little wrong.

I did what I set out to do in that audition; it was my best one yet.

...and today?

I had a callback.

It is all about the little steps that get you up the mountain.

No comments: