Friday, February 13, 2009

next time...I'm staying in bed

Woken up by a fire alarm at 2:30 in the morning was not very fun.

Especially since it was just some drunk doucher getting back from thirsty Thursday and thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm and cause 300 college kids to stand out in the cold and wait for 15 minutes in the parking lot until we could go back to sleep.

Then I wake up to the sound of pouring rain that I can hear with my window closed. Oh, and did I mention it was 8:05 and my class is at 8:10, and it's a ten minute walk from my dorm to the business building? So I throw a sweatshirt on, throw a hat on, walk all the way to the outside door, see how bad it's raining, run back to my room, search for my umbrella while trying to not wake up my roommate, then walk outside into the flooded sidewalks on my way to class. Was it worth it, you may ask? I thought it would be since I was about 90% sure we were going to have a pop quiz, and possibly get extra points since about half the class was there because of the three day weekend and also just because it was Friday. But, no pop quiz, no extra points, but I did get my midterm from yesterday back. Great! I woke up at 8 and rushed to class in the pouring rain to see a grade on my test that was lower than expected, and I was expecting a D.

Next time...

I'm staying in bed. Fire alarms, walking to class in the rain? No thank you!

What a great Friday the 13th.

No comments: