Friday, February 6, 2009

a reflective state of mind

I just finished reading all of my past posts, and I'm thinking about what I said I wanted to do or accomplish in those past posts.

In the last few months I...

...said I wanted to watch every film I could get my hands on ("the good, the bad, and the ugly") and I'm getting there at a much quicker rate because I just started a Netflix subscription last week.

...said I wanted to read more about the entertainment business and upcoming films, and I am everyday. I know more than any first year student in college probably should about film.

Before starting this quarter I wondered how having 8 o' clock class everyday would be, and it turns out I absolutely HATE it. Note to self: Don't do this again in the next 10 quarters if you can avoid it.

I went through a phase of about a week where I strongly considered dropping out of school, moving to New York with what little I had in my bank account to pursue my dream of being a writer and actor, and I'm still thinking about it.

After a talk with my sister on January 13th I was motivated to get more involved here at this school and not waste what free time I had. This has resulted in me: 1) reading two chapters of the book Save the Cat, 2) revising/outlining a future screenplay that I will one day write, finish, and sell, 3) joining the American Marketing Association (AMA) and having an interview for a council position for next year, 4) Finding out information about ASI Flix, and hopefully joining soon and obtaining screenings for Cal Poly, SLO.

But this period of illumination is somewhat fading right now as I get distracted with certain things, but I just have to focus on what I want to do and what's best for me will happen.

No comments: