Monday, May 10, 2010

class, tests, rehearsals, and life

Leaving for class in a few so I thought I'd get a little post in before.

Things are getting pretty busy with rehearsals for the two plays. Only about 4 weeks until showtime. Wow, I just got a little nervous. That's interesting.

I've been practicing my lines and working on building character (the play characters that is, not myself personally cause that guy is long gone already). Time to be either Colin or Jackson for the next month.

Oddly enough, when casting was announced I did not understand why I was cast as Jackson instead of Mickey (which was the role I read for). All that was going through my head was "What did I do wrong?" I thought I could have pulled of Mickey just fine, but after sitting down with the director and listening to what he had to say I definitely agree that Jax is a good fit for me, although it would have been fun to play Mick too (he does get quite a few f-bombs to drop, that's the fun part).

I should get off book today for the other play, rehearsal at 6. It might happen, should be close.

Midterm tomorrow in my one business class for the quarter (yep, still a business major, weird I know). The test is for Information Systems: The Joyous and Wonderful World of Excel, Access, and Frontpage. (That's not the real name of the class).

Things are going good as of right now. I can't complain, but that may just be because I'm currently listening to the cheerfully jovial Simon & Garfunkel.

I'm happy, a little stressed, but happy.

No comments: