Friday, June 4, 2010

it was you


Had opening night performances tonight. And they went... well.

Upon coming back I watched "I Knew it was You," a documentary about John Cazale.

Wow, am I glad I did. The iconic actors that were interviewed praised him, talking about how much they learned from him and all of the little things he would do to make them better.

He was just so subtle. So brilliant.

I watched "Dog Day Afternoon" during Christmas break, but I haven't seen The Godfathers or "The Deer Hunter" in years (probably since I was about 12, was the first time I watched them, too young? no way). The moral of this story is I need to watch them again.

Al Pacino said in an interview that John Cazale would find out what the pain or fear of his character was. This really struck a cord with me. So simple, yet it opens the door to so many possibilities.

So...

Up next for "what the future holds"...

Well I need to have a movie marathon once this school year is over, AND...

I still have two shows left for tonight, so let's just see if Mr. Cazale is still making actors better.

My guess, is yes.

No comments: