Saturday, June 5, 2010

wrapped

Well that's it.

The shows are complete.

Thank you Mr. Cazale, I don't know if learning from you helped my performance tonight, but I would like to think that it did. I believe it helped the overall performances of both plays, because by continuing to think about all the characters it opened more doors and opportunities for everyone. I was even able to suggest a few blocking actions to the other actors in the play with me, that when they executed them perfectly it just added an extra layer to the cake (the cake being the play).

It's a little sad wrapping up the plays because I feel so close to everyone involved, but at the same time it is good to be done so now I can focus on finals (as much as I don't want to think about them). But the only reason that it feels good to be done is because tonight was our best performances for both plays, and that is exactly the way to end it.

This past week was the most fun I have ever had here at Cal Poly.

The stressful week of fitting in rehearsals, classes, school work, and performances was quite a handful but I made it through and there is no substitute for the feeling. In actuality, the only reason it was stressful was because of the school part. I loved the performances.

There is just no feeling like it, I don't really know how to explain it. I just know I want it back.

So now the next stage in getting this feeling back is...

Antigone, Fall 2010.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: