Friday, December 5, 2008

i'm not anywhere

I just finished watching the film I'm Not There, and that is exactly what it is. It is not simply a movie, but a film. And yes, there is a difference.

One word can be used to describe it: interesting.

I haven't decided yet if it was good or bad, or if I liked it or didn't. But it was interesting.

I just think that the characters played by Christian Bale and Heath Ledger deserved there own film because they both had so many layers to be explored that I felt were left undiscovered. In fact this gives me an idea... (but not to be finished here).

There should have been more Ben Whishaw on screen because he did such a tremendous job, and I feel if they chose to make a true bio-pic then he would simply be great as just Bob Dylan.

For this film by Tod Haynes, I feel it should have just been devoted to Cate Blanchett. Maybe they were hesitant to only cast one person as Bob Dylan, and even more hesitant to only cast a women for the role. I can't even begin to describe the phenomenal job she did. At first I didn't see it in the beginning of the film but by the end I was completely turned around and could not see the line where Blanchett ended and Dylan began.

Good film... but great?

I'm not so sure, because I only really cared about 4 of the 6 characters used to portray Dylan. The other two seemed unnecessary until the final scene.

Still a pretty good film though.

No comments: