Thursday, December 18, 2008

the (revised) plan

Alright awhile back I wrote a plan down to follow. It was really more of a scatter-brained attempt of what I wanted to do in the upcoming months. Well I've been doing a lot of thinking between that post and this and I have changed...no. Revised my plan. So here it is:

Watch every film I can get my hands on. All of them: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Read everything I can about the entertainment industry, business, screenwriting, upcoming movies, and who's signing on for what. Just read more in general.

Remain at Cal Poly to receive my business degree with a concentration in marketing; while I write some shorts that can hopefully be made and produce them, while still working on writing / finishing Good Will Hunting 2. (I'm just kidding, but something cut from the same cloth. i.e. an unknown writing one of the greatest scripts of all time. Hey a guy can dream can't he?) During the next 4 years it would be great to actually work during the summer in a field that is related to my future. First summer: sales job at SEARS? Second Summer: internship for ad agency in LA? Third Summer: intership in New York.

Following graduation continue writing and move to Los Angeles and work for an Advertising Agency.

Finish the script.

Sell the script and get on the film as a producer with my marketing and advertising background I should be ready by then.

The rest:

Continue to write and produce my movies and move on to produce others' films.

Open my own production company.

Have a career and not just a job.

Be happy and enjoy life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As long as you stick to the last line the rest will follow

E said...

It sure will.