Friday, December 26, 2008

January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008

I want to be a pilot in the military but will be failed and told I am color blind.
I want to study Drama at Yale University, then move to Los Angeles.
I want to be an actor.
I want my career to span 5 decades.
I want to be nominated for six Academy Awards for Actor in a Leading Role, before I win my first award on my seventh nomination.
I want to be an Academy Award nominated Producer.
I want to start a line of food products that will begin with salad dressing but expand to include pasta sause, lemonade, popcorn, salsa, wine, and much more and donate all proceeds from these products to charity.
I want to be the co-founder of a summer camp for sick children.
I want to be a political activist.
I want to be a race car driver and own my own racing team.
I want to be married and have six children.

Wait...someone already did all of these things. His name was Paul Newman.

"Study your craft and know who you are and what's special about you...ask questions and listen. Make sure you live life, which means don't do things where you court celebrity, and give something positive back to our society." - Paul Newman (1925 - 2008)

No comments: