Thursday, April 16, 2009

another day, another step forward

Today (well technically it was yesterday, but I'm not one of THOSE people so...) I did the first real writing of anything in a long time. It was way TOO LONG since the last time. It was good too, maybe the best thing I've ever written. The writing consisted of only one scene (I did have to study for a calculus midterm today too, which I ACED, but that's a different story), but in the scene was a monologue which was a big step forward. It was the first true monologue I have ever written, and although I still have to go back and look at the different steps that make up a great monologue to make sure it fits that mold, it was definitely great to get the first one notched into the old dorm room wall. Even though it still is only a first draft. But I know I can't be doing this as much as I would like since it is still the third quarter. Writing is what summer's for.

Then, literally TWO minutes after I had saved what I wrote Full Sail University calls and I talked to a very attractive sounding woman on the phone for close to ten minutes about the film school. Oh no! I may have just gotten another idea for a movie! Awh shit, not again. Come Eric, you already have 32, no scratch that 33 current projects, all in different stages of development, there's no use adding a number 34. Or is there? We'll see about this one. I can't guarantee any firm plot points as of yet, but what I can guarantee is that hijinks will ensue.

No comments: