Monday, April 27, 2009

what's the deal with screenwriting?!

If everyone in LA has supposedly three screenplays in there closet, how come shitty movies get made and people in the industry keep saying that there aren't any good ones out there? Is it just because they all suck? These people think they know how to write but just don't?

I mean if you think about it there is a lot of shit on tv and in the movie theaters, so how bad does something have to be to NOT get made?

Quite the quandary.

They say if you write a good enough movie it will get made. Is that really true? I sure hope it is.

I know it's a combination of talent and formula (not baby formula that, that would just be gross). Otherwise how could people shell out a great screenplay in three months? I feel I have the talent, now I just have to figure out the formula.

Maybe drinking some formula is the formula? No... that can't be it.

No comments: