Tuesday, March 3, 2009

my story

INT. CAL POLY DORM ROOM -- NIGHT

ERIC sits at his desk, laptop open, headphones on, totally immersed in what is happening before him on his computer screen. A NETFLIX web page is up and the documentary THE PIXAR STORY is playing. Images of DISNEYLAND, PIXAR STUDIOS, STEVE JOBS, JOHN LASSETER, WOODY, BUZZ LIGHTYEAR, ETC. race across the film as we see in the screen the reflection of Eric's face as he moves closer to the screen in everlasting excitment.


This was me about 1 hour ago. Watching this documentary and listening to Lasseter's story and of Pixar was just so thrilling in finding out how everything came together. I had no idea the backstory of probably the most successful animation studio of all time, and it was such a great story. Lasseter knew right when he saw that animation book what he wanted to do with his life, and that point in my life may have been my junior year of high school with LOST LIT. However, it definitely was a growing process to that moment. Film has always been a part of my life and from a very early age too. Probably starting even more than ten years ago, whether it be watching movies over and over again on weekend mornings and getting one last showing in Sunday morning before I would actually have to start my homework, that was due Monday morning for school the next day. Or going to Wal -Mart nearly every weekend with my dad, picking out a different movie to get, and then going home and watching it. We had nearly every film I could ever need as a kid growing up. The John Wayne westerns and war movies, EVERY James Bond film, the endless collection of Clint Eastwood movies, The Fugtive, Speed, Heat, Goodfellas, and so so many more. I was surrounded by these great movies and didn't even realize it. The funny thing is I've also pretty much been acting at home my entire life doing what kids do, just we never had a camera so nobody was recording. So this is it, this is where it begins...

My Story

by

_________________

No comments: