Thursday, November 27, 2008

giving thanks

Today is Thanksgiving.

A day filled with fabulous food, precious people, fun friends, and tremendous times.

Being home has been great (in part because of the non-dorm food).

I've gotten to see family and friends, and the hometown that I constantly hate and love at the same time.

I hate it because it is were I grew up and I want to get away. I love it because it is were I grew up and sometimes want to stay. I hate it for being the small town that it is. I love it for being the small town that it is. I hate it for being the place where I leave my friends and family behind. I love it for being the place where I had those great memories with my friends and family.

I feel it is important for people to just think about and recognize the things in their life that mean so much to them on a day like today, because these things too often go unnoticed.

I am extremely thankful for my friends and family, but it's more than that. I am thankful for every person that has had an influence in my life: good or bad, because they have made me into the person I am today. I love and cherish the relationships I have with my family and friends because without them I would be nothing. Being away from the people you truly care about opens your eyes to what is important in the world and what and who really matter.

I am thankful for my home and the familiarity that comes with it. The way that once you return it is as if you have never left. No matter how long you are away.

I am thankful for the things that cannot be seen but I know with 100% confidence are out there.

I am thankful for the talents I possess and my purpose in this world that I have not yet found, but am sure of, I will.

I am thankful for the future and the joys it will bring, and the randomness of this universe: because you never know what is just six degrees away...

No comments: