Thursday, November 13, 2008

my first order of business

The following contents of this post are 100% serious.

I am going to become a talent agent. My first order of business is go get Alexander Skarsgård the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America in the upcoming film The First Avenger: Captian America. This is a career launching film, and has the potential to gross far more than even Iron Man in the first weekend.

Captain America has a advantage over Iron Man being that Iron Man was a second tier comic hero, as in people were familiar with him but not as such people are familiar with Spider-Man. But Captain America is not. People know who Captain America is and will go see the movie. Hire the same team that marketed Iron Man so successfully and Capt. America will be an even greater success.

But that's enough of that back to our lead...

Currently the names of Pitt, Damon, and Cruise are being thrown around in relation to the Capt. America film. But Capt. America should not go A-list! Christian Bale was mostly known for great smaller movies such as American Psycho, The Machinist, and Empire of the Sun before doing Batman Begins. Now he is an international sensation and on his way to becoming the top actor in Hollywood, if he isn't there already. With the current roles he is getting, I am going on record here saying, he will win an Oscar within the next 5 five years. Period. His star power will only get larger, much larger, when Terminatior Salvation and Michael Mann's Public Enemies both come out in the 2009 summer. But once again I am off topic.

Alexander Skarsgård is Captain America.

Who cares if he isn't American, neither is Christain Bale. I'm not even going to mention that Skarsgård has already proven he can play an American soldier with his role of Sgt. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert in Generation Kill, he is 6'4, blonde and was made for the role of Steve Rogers. He is only 32, and can be signed on for both the Capt America movie and Avengers (and multiple sequels) for a good price. Thus giving Marvel the option of using the money saved by getting Skarsgård instead of Pitt,Damon, or Cruise to go after Ed Norton to reprise his role of Bruce Banner if they choose to go that way (which is the way to go) for the Avengers film. Skarsgård is the best way to go, it's just a matter of whether or not his name is even on the list of actors Marvel is considering.

It's like in Entourage when Vince wants Medellin but Ari tells him there is a list of actors the studio is looking at and Vince's name isn't on the list. I have to get Skarsgård's name on that list! And on the top! Above the Pitts, Damons, Cruises, McConaugheys, and Eckharts, not because they are not good, they are all great, it's because Skarsgård is what's best for the role, the film, the franchise and the future of Marvel. Capt. America now has Joe Johnston attached to direct and is moving along. No doubt about ready to cast their lead. It must be Skarsgågard!

But how am I, an 18 year old Business major at Cal Poly, going to get this done? How am I going to get his name on this list? Hopefully it is already on the list and my work will not be needed. Maybe I can contact his manager Larry Taube either by phone or mail. But that will probably be difficult to do. I can somehow reach Marvel and get his name out there. Why can't I already be a talent agent? That would make it so much easier. This is what I want to do. I have a passion for it and I know I can be successful at it.

Maybe I can just go in person to Taube's office in Westwood or someone I know could. That's an idea! But I am going on record here at 8:00 pm Thursday, November 13, 2008 that Alexander Skarsgård will be Captain America.

I will make it so!

No comments: