Monday, November 17, 2008

home is where the heart is

Even though I live in the town that I am going to college in, it isn't home.

Home is where I was born and where I grew up for 18 years.

Before college started I couldn't wait to get out of there. But I didn't know what I had until it was no longer a part of my life.

I don't yet know if that is where I want to spend the rest of my life after college. For what I want to do it is not possible where I grew up. But I'm not even sure if that is truly what I want to do. I just don't know.

It's the familiarity of the town. The businesses. The streets. The people, that I never thought I'd miss. It's the little things that make it home.

I may live in SLO, but it currently is not home. It's just my current city of residence. A waiting place, until the next thing to come.

Who knows what town the future will hold...

No comments: