Sunday, May 10, 2009

the accent

I just finished watching some youtube videos of different accents I'm trying to learn for my character. I want to give him something that is his own and defines him even more and I think an accent could do that. A little something to show that his character has a little character and is actually from somewhere.

I started by listening to Texas accents but didn't really like those to much.

Then I went to the Boston accent.

But eventually ended up watching a few videos on New York accents. The guy doing them actually said in the video that the only people he could imagine these helping would be actors and I guess he was right. It sounds really good, it'll be just a slight accent that people may first notice as a different style of speaking and then may later catch the NY undertones. But I think it could work for my character if I just put a little time into it.

But hey, I got this thing I gotta run, I'll talk to yous.

No comments: