Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the second

Had another rehearsal today. I practiced my lines the hour before it, trying different phases, voices, tones, and emotions, thinking that we were going to do a read through but we didn't. It was much better actually. We did a memory exercise where we found something in the room and studied it for one minute and then closed our eyes and recited everything we remembered about it. This gave me a chance to show the director my partial photographic memory, so much so that the amount of detail I was describing made her laugh with amazement. Then we did a mirror exercise. Following that we did a following exercise. All were very fun and interesting to do. It was my first time doing these exercises and they worked really well with connecting to the other actors.

A good second rehearsal.

AND I got a note from the director about the emotionality of one of my lines.

For this certain emotion, I have to reach back to graduation night and find what I was specifically feeling then and then duplicate that for the line she wanted me to focus on; because if I can do that, that's all I need.

No comments: