Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An Author in Search of the Future

Rehearsal was canceled for today.

I read the play Six Characters in Search of an Author tonight for class. I didn't like it so much in the beginning but then I started to really enjoy the writing style (it reminded me a lot of the Jack Nicholson "You can't handle the truth" speech from A Few Good Men). I even found myself acting out the lines in the study lounge of Tenaya Hall. Hey, whatever I was the only one in there so who cares if it's a 24 hour quiet zone.

I read over my lines again for the one act and practiced a few different things with pauses and such. It is a really different writing style than Six Characters... which I found more enjoyable to act. So, I guess I'll just have to make my lines a little more enjoyable.

Oh, and don't forget you got drilled by an 80mph tennis ball in the hallway today in the worst possible place.

No comments: