Tuesday, May 5, 2009

sign me up

I guess I was wrong. I got a my first role as an actor after all.

All I know right now is now is that the one act play is called Can Can, it was written by Laura Linney's dad, it has a lot of monologues, and the name of my role is Ex G.I.

So I'm guessing I play an Ex G.I.

The next thing to do is read a little bit about what Stanislavski has to say about acting, since I studied about seven hours into the wee morning for my theatre midterm and got to know a little more about him and his taught acting methods. I'll read how to prepare for a role and make my preformance real. It may only be a small role in a one act play but I'm treating it as an a leading role in an Oscar contending movie. That's how serious I'm taking this.

Then I guess the next thing to do since I'm going to be a method actor is to go sign up for the military. Hey, I have to play an EX G.I. so how can I do that if I've never actually served in the military? Oh, wait that's called acting. Maybe I'll just go train with the ROTC on campus, that will probably be just a little bit safer too.

No comments: