Wednesday, May 20, 2009

busy, butterflies, and bored

It's been a busy couple of days.

Had the read through on Monday and it went really well. I got extremely nervous before I was about to go because about thirty minutes before it was time I got a text from my director changing the stage directions around. We hadn't rehearsed what she wanted to do and I would be doing it for the first time and it would be in front of my professor and all the other directors. So I was a little nervous. It was like the episode of Entourage when Ed Burns changes Drama's sitting monologue to a walking monologue and Drama freaks out. It wasn't quite as intense but similar nonetheless. Anyways, I did fine with the stage direction changes and when I sat down on stage and was about to start all the butterflies flew away. So that has to count for something, right? Then the next day my professor, who is also the professor for the directing class told me I did a good job, so that was refreshing to hear.

Haven't had another rehearsal since Monday, so one should be soon.

I registered for classes today for next quarter. Marketing, Managerial Accounting, History, and Writing. We'll see how that turns out.

In terms of my character development... I have the walk down, I have the voice (mostly) down, I hope I have the emotionality down, now it's just a matter of mastering my lines.

No comments: